Saturday, March 30, 2013

Once you get the meaning you can't stop thinking about it.

When dreaming becomes songs.


Begging of the chorus.
I really fell in love with this song as soon as I heard it. Because of the power of the sound but at the same time the lightness of it. Then the lyrics; once you really understand, or at least part of it (and I had to do some research because it is a pretty metaphorical song) then, you realize each person could give a completely different meaning due to his/her experiences. But to me this song is sad but beautiful, about missing someone, reminding yourself of him/her and also the idea of the fast of time


Inspired from the Wizard of Oz - clicking your heels three time takes you back home- which implies a desire for meeting again. 
(Image taken from the music video.)

This song was written by Ryan Ross and Jon Walker both ex-members but creators of the band, Ross told: (..)I was really picky about Northern Downpour. It was the most meaningful song (..) It was about touring and girlfriends and love and everything that's been important to us in the past few years (..)"




From the start of the video we see black and white colors transmitting a sensation of calmness and peace.
Also it starts with an idea completely against something very present at this age: Materialism, owning stuff and fall for them.
Later on, the chorus just nailed it, expressing again "how time flies"



It refers to how many people feel now that reality has changed so much, but also that we should appreciate what we have.

Among the song there are lots of things I'd like to remark but it's so so ha.rd to do it in few words so I'll handle an URL that helped me to really get a meaning of the song.







2 comments:

  1. Deep and complex lyrics. It's not usual in popular music nowadays. Interesting mixture.

    Maybe this complexity, and of course the music, allow to call this band "The Modern Beatles", as I read some years ago.

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that is why i I like this song so much, because of the complexity. The first time I heard it I got a bit confused so I did a little research and fell in love with this song!
      Thanks for the comments!

      Delete