Saturday, March 30, 2013

MAMA TOLD ME NOT TO WASTE MY LIFE...!


Today I bring to you the song from the British Girl Group Little Mix called 'Wings'.

Little Mix is a four-piece Girl band winner of the english X FACTOR 2011, the members are Perrie, Jessy, Leigh Anne and Jade. After to won the show, the girls started to record their debut album DNA, and then they released their lead Single 'Wings' which was praised from music critics and was succesfull comercially, peaking at number 1 in UK, Ireland and Scotland Also was certified 2x Platinum by Australia, becoming the best debut of a Girlband since the Spice Girls and Girls Aloud.



The first time that I heard this song I just loved it, I felt that the song gave me all that I needed when I was bad. The song uses phrases like "Mama told me not to waste my life, she said spread your wings my little butterfly" or "Your words, don't mean nothing, I'm not listening", giving a really motivational message, "When the people call you ugly or stupid, or when criticize you and let you down, just move on, fly high, release your dreams, because you are part of this world and you are here for something, this wings are made to fly."



The colorful video, flashy clothes, dancers, the girls laughing, that really atractts my attention, is something fresh, with power and energy, and just make me dance, the music video complements very well the song, and what is the meaning. Very cheerful and catchy.





I think that is the reason for the video reaches the 40.000.000 views in youtube, because it is just fun, and maybe is a very stereotypical vision of the happiness but if the video isn't include that, then Wings, won't be Wings at least for me. And well, in this image obviously the group want to show their english identity.


Well guys here is the music video, I hope that you enjoy!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment