Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Actress of Elizabeth The Golden Age



I've seen other actress play Elizabeth, most recently Helen Mirren, and I admire Cate Blanchette's performances most of all. She is regal, with a lovely, throaty voice, and she vividly portrays the historical Elizabeth's intelligence, erudition, and charismatic presence.That's why she was nominated for best actress category at Academy Awards.





This movie is gorgeous. Everything was stunning, from the settings and cinematography to the costumes and this one (the costumes) was my favorite thing about the movie because it really shows the costumes of that age, also the make up deparment make a very good job, visually was really satisfactory.



Although the script does deviate from historical reality in -for example- its representation of Sir Walter Raleigh, Sir Francis Drake does appear during (and before) the Armada. Viewers who know nothing about English history should read a bit about Elizabeth I before seeing Elizabeth The Golden Age. 
 

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't so stunned by the movie as you were.. but I do think that the costumes and the make-up were gorgeous! The film team did a really good job! I agree with you when you say that it's important to read some of Elizabeth history before watching the movie because I didn't and because of that I couldn't understand the movie quite well.

    ReplyDelete